Duct Cleaning is a very essential process. There is no question the HVAC ductwork in your home can, over time, become filled with dirt, dust, bacteria, pollen and a host of other nasty pollutants. In these circumstances it would make sense to hire a company that specializes in duct cleaning to come to your home and perform their magic.
But does this mean you should have your ducts cleaned once or twice every year, as a preventive measure against future contamination? The best answer we can give is that it all depends, and in the next section we will show you how to tell if your ducts will need cleaning soon.
When Should You Have Your Ducts Cleaned?
Immediate duct cleaning may be in order if any of the following apply to you:
- It’s been 12-18 months or more since you’ve had them cleaned or inspected.
- You have smokers or multiple pets living in the house.
- Your HVAC air filters are getting unusually dirty.
- You’ve been remodeling and you kicked up a lot of dust and debris in the process.
- After cleaning and vacuuming your HVAC registers you’ve noticed clouds of dust backing up into the room.
- You have reason to suspect your ductwork has been penetrated by moisture.
- A visual inspection of your ductwork has revealed the presence of mold, scurrying insects or rodent droppings (if either of the latter two is found you should call an exterminator or set catch-and- release traps first to get rid of the invaders).
- You or your family members have be en hit by frequent allergy attacks, or at least by symptoms that seem to indicate an allergic reaction is occurring (itching, swelling, redness, hives, respiratory distress and so on).
- Someone with asthma or a known respiratory disorder lives in the house.
How to Select a Qualified Duct Cleaning Contractor
There are some unscrupulous duct cleaning companies out there, and you can often identify them by their tendency to resort to “hard sell” tactics.
Any legitimate contractor should be willing to come to your home and evaluate your ductwork for no charge, and if contamination is actually discovered they should be able to show you the evidence that proves it. No hard sell, just straightforward honesty, that’s what you should be looking for.
Before you select any company’s bid check to make sure they’ve been certified by the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) and have no record of complaints with the Better Business Bureau (this is easy to investigate online). Ask for references and don’t be shy about requesting the opportunity to speak with cleaning technicians directly; if you can’t get past the customer service rep that’s probably a bad sign.
At Valley Comfort Heating and Air Conditioning we strive to meet the highest standards of excellence in the specialized practice of duct cleaning. We have extensive experience and a long record of success with this procedure, and we will answer every question you have if you consult us about your duct cleaning needs.
Valley Comfort Heating and Air Conditioning Offers the Best in Duct Cleaning Services
If you live in Sonoma County or the Napa Valley and have reason to suspect your ductwork is contaminated, please contact Valley Comfort to arrange an inspection. We’ll let you know what we find and will give you a fair and affordable estimate if a professional duct cleaning is required.
We are a 100 percent satisfaction-guaranteed company, and we can promise you that after your cleaning is finished you and your family will be able to breathe deeply, freely and safely once again.