Your AC system is one of the most important fixtures in your home. It literally makes your home livable by preventing the inside air from becoming too hot or humid. Unfortunately, sometimes your AC unit will have problems. It is best to be proactive about this by having your AC regularly inspected and repaired ASAP when something is wrong. That being said, not every AC service is the same. When you hire an AC service provider, you should always use discretion. Here are the factors that you should consider when making your choice:
AC service certification
Professional AC repair, maintenance and even inspection require certification. Make sure that you double check to make sure that a potential service provider is certified.
AC service experience
A certification that “technically” qualifies a person to perform AC service doesn’t mean that they can take care of your needs. There are many factors regarding AC repair, inspection and maintenance that are not covered during certification — just like you don’t learn everything you needed to know about the real world in high school and college. The best AC service providers will have enough experience to take care of your needs. This doesn’t mean that you need to make your decision solely based on which certified service provider has the most years under his or her belt, but you should, at the very least, only consider those with a minimum of a few years of experience.
This should be your final barometer for how well the service that you ultimately choose will do. Good customer review will paint a clear picture of not only the company’s experience, but also their customer service and the value of their services. Gaging a company’s reputation, however, isn’t as simple as looking at how many stars they are rated at. Instead of being your only factor, the overall star rating should be used in conjunction with the following factors:
- The number of customers
- Shows how many people within the community trust them with their business.
- What is said in the written reviews
- Clearly depicts what receiving AC service from the company in question is like.
- The age of the most recent reviews
- Downturns in customer service, capabilities, etc can cause people to stop going to a service provider. Make sure that the company’s latest reviews are relatively recent to make sure that people are still using their services.
After you’ve made your shortlist
All of the factors above will narrow your option, but chances are that there is more than one company that fits those criteria. Instead of leaving your choice up to a random coin toss at this point, continue working to figure out which company is best for your needs. To do this, you will have to take the following steps:
- Interview each company
- Always conduct interviews either over the phone or in person; this will help you make sure that the representatives are giving honest answers, and not ones manufactured on the web.
- Get quotes
- Finding out how much each qualified service provider will charge for their services should heavily influence your decision.
- Find out about warranties
- Service warranties can significantly improve the valuer of your service by protecting you if something goes wrong.
Now that you know what to do…
It is time to get started and contact a quality ac service provider. Make sure that you get your AC taken care of right now because the summer is closer than you think. Even if you don’t think there is anything wrong with your AC, have it inspected, because you never know what problems could have arisen over the long winter season.