You depend on your HVAC system to keep you and your customers at a comfortable temperature. Day after day, this system works at full capacity in the face of heat waves, blizzards, and thunderstorms. Over time, this constant effort takes a toll, and eventually, you need to find a contractor for commercial heating and air conditioning repair. A qualified contractor can provide you with excellent results and keep you running by catching problems before they happen. Below, we examine several common problems, how to find a trustworthy contractor, and the kind of routine maintenance you should employ.
Common Problems that Commercial HVAC Systems Face
Regardless of the kind of commercial HVAC system your business uses, it may run into several of these issues:
- Degraded Components – Over time, the components of your HVAC system will slowly degrade due to standard wear and tear. You must address these issues before they become more problematic. Some common areas that need attention include the refrigerant piping and ductwork.
- Faulty Electrical Equipment – Even if all the metal components are in good shape, your system may fail if the electrical system fails. Either it will not receive power, or it does but is unable to properly distribute it throughout the system. In either case, your system will fail and be unable to condition your air.
- Depleted Refrigerant – Occasionally, you may need to replace your refrigerant. The cooling medium is one of the most essential parts of the entire system, as without it all you can do is blow ambient-temperature air from place to place. We recommend periodic inspections to ensure that your refrigerant levels are in good shape.
Locating a Trustworthy Contractor for Commercial Heating and Air Conditioning Repair
It’s not always easy to know who you should rely on to help your business. In most cities, you can find numerous contractors who promise exceptional service but don’t always live up to that commitment. How can you find out who to trust without any unnecessary gambling?
Fortunately, the modern world offers several ways that you can get some help to learn about your potential contractors before you hire them. First, you can review their website to see if they list any of their local clients. If so, then you can contact those clients directly for an honest report as to how the contractor’s service held up. If not, then you can always ask the contractor for references to contact. In either case, however, you’re being pointed to a (most likely) satisfied customer, so there is likely to be some bias to consider.
For a broader view, you can visit Yelp! or another online review service to see how the contractor stacks up against their competition when it comes to commercial heating and air conditioning repair. If they have many positive reviews and few or no negative ones, you can approach them with confidence.
Another method is to review the services that the contractor offers. Are they a general repairman, or do they focus on HVAC systems? If the former, they may be able to handle routine maintenance but be inadequate when it comes to more specific or robust repairs. We strongly recommend selecting those with specific experience and expertise when it comes to repairing your commercial HVAC systems.
Routine and Preventive Maintenance
A well-functioning HVAC system doesn’t need much attention. Most days, it will function perfectly to keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. To keep things in good shape, we recommend several ways to stay on top of routine maintenance:
- Schedule duct cleanings every one to two years. Clean ducts keep your air quality up, help your system running smoothly, and preserve your investment in the HVAC system.
- Clean or replace the filters as needed. Have a staff member examine these every month so that you’re aware if they start to get filthy. If the dust builds up too much, your HVAC may struggle to perform properly.
- Inspect the unit regularly. Most systems will have minor signs of degradation or failure before they manifest a failure that interrupts basic functionality.
The Benefits of Timely Commercial Heating and Air Conditioning Repair
There are several perks to being on top of your commercial heating and air conditioning repair. For example, your system will continue to keep you comfortable for years to come, and effective routine maintenance will extend the number of years you get. Additionally, you’ll save money by using a more efficient system and preventing more serious issues from arising. Most importantly, your business will remain a comfortable place to be so that your employees and customers alike are happy to keep coming back. Once you contract with a reliable company to handle your HVAC repairs, that’s one less concern.